Kitchen fire displaces Cedar Rapids man from his home - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Kitchen fire displaces Cedar Rapids man from his home

Posted:
CEDAR RAPIDS (KWWL) -

 

One person has been forced out of their home after a cooking fire in Cedar Rapids.

The fire broke out just after 6 p.m. Sunday in the 2700 block of Teresa Dr. SW.

Fire crews say 51-year-old Brian Young heard smoke alarms going off, then saw a pan on fire on the stove.

He ran out of the home and called 911.

Fire crews were able to limit the damage to parts of the kitchen.

But they say smoke damage makes the home unlivable.

The Red Cross is helping Young find a place to stay.

 

Powered by Frankly