Candle blamed for Waterloo house fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Candle blamed for Waterloo house fire

Posted:
WATERLOO (KWWL) -

A candle is being blamed for a house fire in Waterloo Friday morning.

The fire started just after 10:00 a.m. at 605 Wyoming Street.

According to the fire department, the man who lives in the house was lighting a candle and it got away from him.

No one was hurt and damage was contained to the basement.  Damage is estimated at about $2,500.  

Powered by Frankly