Welder blamed for sparking Marion garage fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Welder blamed for sparking Marion garage fire

Posted:
MARION (KWWL) -

A welder is blamed for sparking a fire in Marion Tuesday night that damaged a garage.

Crews were called to 180 21st Street at around 7:59 p.m. Tuesday for a report of a garage fire.

When they arrived, firefighters found smoke and flames coming from the garage owned by Richard Beltz, Sr.

No one was injured and firefighters had the fire under control within 15 minutes.  The cost of the damage is unknown.

District Chief Doug Wyman says the cause of the fire is being attributed to a welder in the garage.

Powered by Frankly