Clogged chimney blamed for weekend fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Clogged chimney blamed for weekend fire

Posted:
SENECA TOWNSHIP, Wis. (KWWL) -

The Crawford County Sheriff's Department says a clogged chimney may be to blame for a fire that broke out in a Seneca Township home on Sunday.

Fire crews from Seneca and Gays Mills were called to 20652 Halls Branch Road at about 7:00 a.m. for a report of a house fire.

When they arrived, firefighters say the house was engulfed in flames, but all the residents made it out safely.

Seneca Fire Chief Chris Olson says that severely clogged chimney pipes likely caused the fire.

Fire officials say the house, which was being used as a rental property, is likely a total loss.

Powered by Frankly