Man dies in Colwell house fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Man dies in Colwell house fire

Posted:
COLWELL (KWWL) -

A Colwell man died Sunday night after a fire broke out in his home.

The Floyd County Sheriff's Office says firefighters were called to a home in the 1300 block of Liberty Avenue in Colwell at around 10:49 p.m. Sunday.

Firefighters entered the home and found 72-year old James Olmsted in a bedroom.  They say he died from smoke inhalation.

The State Fire Marshal's Office has ruled the fire accidental and says it was started by smoking materials.

Powered by Frankly