Apartment fire leaves Anamosa family without a home - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Apartment fire leaves Anamosa family without a home

Posted:

Crews in Anamosa were called to a fire in an apartment building just before 6:00 p.m. Monday night. When they arrived, they found flames shooting out of a windows. 

The tenant, 67-year-old Margaret Peiffer, was treated and released for smoke inhalation at an area hospital. The family says the apartment is a total loss.

Peiffer found the fire after returning home from dinner. Officials believe a short in the coffee maker sparked the blaze.

Two families in neighboring apartments were also displaced. Crews from Monticello Fire Department, Anamosa Ambulance, Anamosa Police Department, and the Jones County Sheriffs Department helped with the fire.

Powered by Frankly