Smoking material blamed in Marion mattress fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Smoking material blamed in Marion mattress fire

Posted:
MARION (KWWL) -

A mattress fire brought Marion fire crews to a home in the 2400 block of 17th Avenue Thursday morning.

The blaze was in a bedroom. Crews got the fire under control in about 10 minutes. No one was injured. Officials say a smoke detector notified the owner of the home, getting her and her pets out safely around 10:30 a.m.

Misuse of discarded smoking material has been determined as the cause of the fire. No one was injured.

Powered by Frankly