Unattended cooking blamed for Waterloo house fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Unattended cooking blamed for Waterloo house fire

Posted:
WATERLOO (KWWL) -

Unattended cooking is blamed for badly damaged home in Waterloo.

Fire crews responded to the 400 block of Lane Street around 6:45 Tuesday night.

Crews battled smoke and fire that was shooting out of the windows from the two-story home.

Officials say the woman in the home left an item on the stove and that's what sparked the fire in the kitchen. It was located in the back of the home, and fire spread to a nearby room. There was also smoke and water damage to other areas of the home.

No one was injured. Firefighters were on scene for more than two hours.

Powered by Frankly