Tommy's Restaurant sustains significant damage after fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Tommy's Restaurant sustains significant damage after fire

Posted:
CEDAR RAPIDS (KWWL) -

A dryer is to blame for a fire at Tommy's Restaurant last night.

It happened around 10:00 p.m. at 393 Edgewood Road Northwest.

Fire crews say the fire was caused either by a dryer failure or a spontaneous combustion of cleaning towels in the dryer.

Tommy's sustained significant damage.

The fire also spread to a vacant business causing smoke damage.

No one was injured in the fire.  The last employee had left at 8:15 p.m.

This is the third business fire in the past 18 months in the Cedar Rapids area involving a dryer and a large pile of towels.

Powered by Frankly