Anamosa grass fire spreads to house, one injured - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Anamosa grass fire spreads to house, one injured

Posted:
ANAMOSA (KWWL) -

A grass fire in Anamosa Thursday afternoon spread to a house and injured one person.

The Anamosa Fire Department was called to 16771 200th Avenue at around 1:15 p.m. Thursday afternoon for a report of a grass fire.

When crews arrived, firefighters found that the fire had spread to the house.

The Monticello Fire Department was called in at around 1:26 p.m. for mutual aid.

Ron French, Anamosa Assistant Fire Chief, says Wallie Lawless, 59, was burning trash near the house.

Mary Gilpin, 55, was taken to Jones Regional Medical Center where she was treated and released.

The Red Cross is assisting the residents of the home with shelter, food and clothing.

Powered by Frankly