Help for power distribution in Iowa - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Help for power distribution in Iowa

Posted:

DES MOINES (KWWL) -- Iowa has received more than $23 million to help two rural electric cooperatives upgrade transmission lines to lessen damage from future disasters.  Northwest Iowa Power Cooperative will be awarded $20.7 million to retrofit 151 miles of distribution lines. Southwest Iowa Rural Electric Cooperative will receive nearly $2.9 million to retrofit 41 miles of electrical distribution lines.  FEMA contributes 75 percent of the cost of the projects and local and state entities contribute the other 25 percent.

Online Anchor:  Bob Waters

Powered by Frankly