Dogs, turtle die in Garwin mobile home fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Dogs, turtle die in Garwin mobile home fire

Posted:

GARWIN (KWWL)--  Garwin Fire Chief Tim Laffoon says faulty wiring is to blame for destroying a mobile home Sunday morning. 

Crews were called to the home in the 100 block of First Street at 6 a.m.

Officials say the father and daughter who lived there were not home at the time of the fire, but two dogs and a turtle did die in the blaze.

The State Fire Marshal was on the scene Saturday and says the fire was accidental, caused by faulty wiring.

The American Red Cross is assisting the family.

The Gladbrook Fire Department assisted at the scene.

 

Powered by Frankly