Fan causes fire in Cedar Rapids apartment - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Fan causes fire in Cedar Rapids apartment

Posted:

CEDAR RAPIDS (KWWL)--  A bathroom ventilation fan is to blame for damaging two apartments in Cedar Rapids Tuesday afternoon.

Fire crews were called to the Shadowood Apartments on Edgewood Road Northwest just before 5 p.m. Tuesday.

Officials say 26-year-old Kelly Blackcloud returned home to her apartment, noticed the electricity wouldn't work in her kitchen or bathroom. She then found flames above and around the bathroom ventilation fan and called 911.

Crews found smoke coming from the two-story structure and contained the damage to two apartment bedrooms.

No one was injured.

 

Powered by Frankly