Smoke damages Cedar Falls business - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Smoke damages Cedar Falls business

CEDAR FALLS (KWWL) -- Fire crews in Cedar Falls responded to early morning fire at a building owned by Viking Pump.

The Cedar Falls Fire Department was called to the 200-block of E. 7th street, just before 1:00.

There, firefighters found an outside ground transformer with black smoke billowing out of it.

Officials tell us the transformer caused damage to an electrical distribution box inside the building, which started a second fire in a nearby cardboard barrel.

A Viking Pump employee was injured later in the day, when he slipped and fell on the roof while checking out damage to the building.

He was treated and released at the scene.

Powered by Frankly