Cooking fire destroys Cedar Falls home - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Cooking fire destroys Cedar Falls home

Posted:

CEDAR FALLS (KWWL)--  Hot oil or grease is to blame for destroying a house in Cedar Falls Thursday afternoon.

Fire crews were called to the home in the 3100 block of Hudson Road and saw smoke coming from the home.

Crews say the fire started in a kitchen in the basement, and then spread to the ceiling and parts of the home. Two people were home at the time, but Fire Chief John Schilling says they both got out safely. A pet did have to be taken to a pet hospital. Fire crews were on the scene until about 8:30 Thursday night.

Officials say the house is owned by the University of Northern Iowa, and faculty were living in it.  Crews believe it is a total loss.  

 

Powered by Frankly