Accidental fire starts in Waterloo garage - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Accidental fire starts in Waterloo garage

Posted:

WATERLOO (KWWL) -- Fire damaged a garage in Waterloo Monday and officials say it was started accidentally.  It happened in back of a house in the 1200 block of Columbia Street.

Fire crews were called to the residence around 10:30 a.m.  Interim Fire Chief Mike Jenn said people were moving a fuel tank inside the garage when the fire accidentally started.

No one was hurt, but Jenn said a car was in the garage at the time of the blaze.  Fire fighters were able to keep flames confined to the garage.

Powered by Frankly