Anamosa fire result of frozen pipes - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Anamosa fire result of frozen pipes

Posted:

ANAMOSA (KWWL) -- The Anamosa Fire Department says a fire on Tuesday was the result of frozen water pipes.

Crews were called to 305 South Garnavillo Street around 4:07 Tuesday afternoon.

Firefighters encountered smoke as soon as they entered the home, but were able to put out the fire quickly.

The renters of the home, 20-year-old Krystal Keppel, 23-year-old Jacob Huston, and 6-month-old Kayden Keppel were not home at the time.

The fire department says the landlord was in the basement trying to thaw out a frozen water pipe at the time.

Powered by Frankly