UPDATE: Dog dies in Mulberry Street fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

UPDATE: Dog dies in Mulberry Street fire

Posted:

WATERLOO (KWWL) -- A fire at a Waterloo home claimed the life of a family pet on Monday morning.

Crews were called to 2024 Mulberry Street at around 11:40 am for a report of a house fire. 

A neighbor noticed smoke coming from a window of the home and when we arrived, smoke was still pouring out of a window. 

Interim Fire Chief Mike Jenn says no one was home at the time, but a dg died from smoke inhalation.

Jenn says the fire, which was contained to the kitchen area, started because a burner on the stove was left on.  He says the fire was accidental.

Jenn adds that the rest of the house sustained smoke damage and estimates the cost of the damage to be around $30,000.

The temperature outside at the time of the fire was 11 degrees Fahrenheit, but Jenn says the temperatures didn't cause any problems for his crews.

 

Powered by Frankly