Cigarette to blame for Waterloo apartment fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Cigarette to blame for Waterloo apartment fire

Posted:

WATERLOO (KWWL) -- A cigarette is to blame for an early morning fire.

Crews were called to the 100 block of Courtland Street in Waterloo around 1:30 Thursday morning.

The fire was in the public bathroom shared between two apartments. Fire fighters say it was put out quickly. All the people living in the apartment were allowed to stay.

Fire fighters say a discarded cigarette started the fire.

Powered by Frankly