Three sickened by carbon monoxide in a Mount Vernon hotel - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Three sickened by carbon monoxide in a Mount Vernon hotel

Posted:

MOUNT VERNON (KWWL) -- At least one person was hospitalized after a carbon monoxide leak at a Mount Vernon hotel.

Medics were called to the Sleep-Inn hotel Thursday night after three people complained of nausea and headaches.

Emergency workers took one person to a Cedar Rapids hospital. The other two were treated at the hotel.

All three are expected to recover.

The fire chief says an exhaust pipe for a water boiler came loose allowing carbon monoxide to escape into the building. The boiler was shut down and the building was ventilated.

Powered by Frankly