Family displaced by fire in chimney - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Family displaced by fire in chimney

Posted:

CEDAR RAPIDS (KWWL) -- A Cedar Rapids couple was displaced by a fire Sunday morning.

Fire crews were called to the 1200 block of 33rd Street NE around 10:00.  

They believe the fire started because of a breach in the chimney flue.

There were no working smoke alarms in the home.

The homeowners were able to get out safely.

The fire departments reminds homeowners and home renters, to make sure chimney flues are cleaned and inspected yearly.

Powered by Frankly