Linn County garage starts on fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Linn County garage starts on fire


WATERLOO (KWWL) -- A Linn County man is recovering from burns after a fire started in his garage.

It happened at 1660 Walker Street in Ely.

Authorities say home owner Carl Svec and his friend Benjamin Cooper of Cedar Rapids were working on a car in the garage.

They say a spark ignited gasoline causing the fire.

Cooper received non-life threatening burns and was taken to an Iowa City hospital.

Svec refused medical attention.


Powered by Frankly