UPDATE: Smoke fills Washington restaurant - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

UPDATE: Smoke fills Washington restaurant

Posted:

WASHINGTON (KWWL)-- Customers eating breakfast at a Washington restaurant had to leave their meals after smoke filled its building Tuesday morning.

Around 8:20 a.m. Tuesday,  fire crews were called to the Frontier Family restaurant on North Iowa Avenue.

Officials believe a faulty clothes dryer in the basement caused smoke to fill the building. Firefighters never had to battle any flames.

The building was evacuated. No one was injured.

Online Producer: Michelle Caldwell

 

 

Powered by Frankly