House Fire in laundry room in Cedar Rapids - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

House Fire in laundry room in Cedar Rapids

CEDAR RAPIDS (KWWL) -- A family is displaced after an early morning fire in Cedar Rapids.

Fire fighters were called to the 900 block of 26th Street SE just before 12:30 Monday morning.

Firefighters found a large fire in the laundry room near a hot water heater.

Fire officials say the family was using a foam sealant to repair cracks in the room but are not saying if that is the cause.

In addition, a water main broke in the room causing extensive water damage.

The family lost one cat in the fire, no one else was hurt.

 

Online Producer-Chris Becker

Powered by Frankly