Fire starts after fumes ignite from gas can. - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Fire starts after fumes ignite from gas can.

Posted:

EVANSDALE (KWWL)-- A man trying to clean up  from heavy rains Wednesday has damage to his Evansdale home after a gas can ignited in his basement.

Fire crews in Evansdale were called to the 100 block of Roosevelt just after 11 p.m. Wednesday.  The homeowner was able to get out safely.

Crews say the man was using a gas powered pump in his basement and when he was refueling, fumes ignited from the gas can. There was minor damage to his home.

No injuries were reported.

Online Producer: Michelle Caldwell

Powered by Frankly