Fire at downtown Dubuque restaurant - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Fire at downtown Dubuque restaurant

Posted:

DUBUQUE (KWWL)-- Smoke was pouring out of the Sunshine Family Restaurant in downtown Dubuque on Monday night.

Fire crews were called to the business around 11:30 p.m. Monday. Officials believe it started in the kitchen. Neighbors could see smoke from blocks away.

The business has been open in Dubuque for the last 100 years or so, under several different names.

Older people in Dubuque may know it as Kerigan's.
Others may know it as Sfika's.

The fire started in an electrical fixture in the kitchen prep area.

The restaurant's owners say they plan to re-open.
There's no estimate on the damage, but firefighters say all the restaurant's equipment will need to be replaced.

Online Producers: Michelle Caldwell & Adam Amdor

Powered by Frankly