Man shocked at Clear Lake - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Man shocked at Clear Lake

Posted:

CLEAR LAKE (KWWL) - Authorities believe faulty wiring on a dock at Clear Lake is what shocked an Ankeny man and electrocuted his dog.

The Iowa Department of Natural Resources says Nickolas Greiner and other family members were throwing balls into the water at his parents' home on Sunday when one of the dogs began to struggle near the hoist of a neighbor's dock.

Greiner jumped in to help the dog when he began struggling. Officials say family members recognized what was happening and disconnected the electricity to the dock.

Greiner was taken to a Mason City hospital after suffering burns and bruising from being shocked. The department says the injuries were not considered to be life-threatening.

Online Anchor:  Bob Waters

Powered by Frankly