Toddler burned after falling in fire pit - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Toddler burned after falling in fire pit

Posted:

DES MOINES (KWWL) - Des Moines fire officials say an 18-month-old child suffered burns after falling into a fire pit during an Easter egg hunt last Sunday.  Fire Capt. Steve Brown says the child was taken to a hospital after stumbling into hot coals in the pit, which used for cooking hot dogs and marshmallows.  Brown says fire pits are not allowed in Des Moines.  The child was not identified. No charges were filed against the parents.

Online AnchorBob Waters

Powered by Frankly