Cooking oil sparks fire at Waterloo home - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Cooking oil sparks fire at Waterloo home

Posted:

WATERLOO (KWWL)-- A kitchen fire forces a Waterloo family from their home.

Waterloo Fire crews arrived to find smoke coming from a home in the 100 block of Leonard Avenue just after 7 p.m. Saturday.

Fire crews say a woman was cooking with oil when it sparked a fire. It spread to the cupboards, the ceiling, and up into the attic.

Officials say there is considerable damage to the home.  A mother and two kids got out safely. No other injuries were reported.

Online Producer: Michelle Caldwell

Powered by Frankly