Fire makes for an early morning wake-up call for hotel guests - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Fire makes for an early morning wake-up call for hotel guests

Posted:

CEDAR RAPIDS (KWWL)--Guests at a Cedar Rapids hotel had an early wake-up call Thursday morning.

A fire started in the utility room of the Econo Lodge around 2 a.m. When Cedar Rapids fire crews arrived at two-story hotel on 33rd Avenue Southwest, smoke was coming from a first floor utility room.

The sprinkler system put out most of the fire, fire extinguishers took care of the rest.  Crews say the fire started in a dryer in the room. 23 rooms were occupied at the time of the fire. All guests had to leave their rooms for about 30 minutes while crews worked on the fire.

No one was injured.

Online Producer: Michelle Caldwell

 

Powered by Frankly