Wiring to blame for Gilbertville kitchen fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Wiring to blame for Gilbertville kitchen fire

Posted:

GILBERTVILLE (KWWL) -- Gilbertville Fire Chief Bob Demuth believes that wiring is to blame for a Monday night fire.

Crews were called to 220 Beverly Road at around 11:45 p.m. Monday night for a report of smoke inside a house.

On scene crews found the smoke was coming from a light fixture in the kitchen.

Crews opened the ceiling and found that the wires and the rafters were burned.

Damage was confined to the kitchen ceiling and Demuth estimates the damage to be around $1,000.

Online Content Manager: Eric Page

Powered by Frankly