Anamosa students evacuated for gas smell - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Anamosa students evacuated for gas smell

ANAMOSA (KWWL) -- Part of Anamosa High School was temporarily evacuated  Friday morning after a teacher noticed a gas smell in one of the classrooms.

The school district says the smell was detected around 11:45 a.m. and no students were in the classroom at the time. Students and staff were evacuated from that section of the building to the gym and commons area.

Black Hills Energy responded to the school and determined a snow covered regulator was the cause of the smell. After investigating adjacent classrooms, the gas company said there was no toxic danger.

Students and staff returned to their classrooms just after noon.

Online Producer: Jenn Jarvis

Powered by Frankly