Carbon monoxide leaks at two Des Moines churches - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Carbon monoxide leaks at two Des Moines churches

Posted:

DES MOINES (KWWL) -- Dozens of people are sick after being exposed to carbon monoxide poisoning at two churches in Des Moines.

Both leaks happened around 5:00 Sunday night.

At one church, 26 people were exposed to the CO, they all went to a hospital.

A second church across town had more than 100 people eating dinner at the same time.

In that incident, at least one person was taken to a hospital for CO poisoning and a number of others went to the emergency room.

 

Online Producer-Chris Becker

Powered by Frankly