Motorcycle tune-up turns to fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Motorcycle tune-up turns to fire

Posted:

CEDAR RAPIDS (KWWL) - Cedar Rapids firefighters were dispatched to 1716 4th Ave SE at 2:23 p.m. Friday afternoon when the owner reported his garage was on fire.

Fire crews found heavy fire coming from a single stall detached garage on the north end of the property.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire in the garage, and prevented the fire from spreading to a near by detached garage. There was some heat damage to the siding of the garage located behind 1722 4th Ave SE.

The garage is owned by William Behm of Cedar Rapids. The owner was tuning the carburetor of a motorcycle when the fire started. He attempted to extinguish the fire, but the fire spread rapidly to nearby combustible material.

The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental.

Online Producer: Maria Magner

 

Powered by Frankly