Demolition of Benton County jail begins - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Demolition of Benton County jail begins

Posted:
VINTON (KWWL) -- Monday, demolition began on the Benton County Law Enforcement Center in Vinton.

Demolition is expected to last about 10 days. They'll be rebuilding at the same site, but raising the building by 44 inches in case of future flooding.

FEMA is covering 90 percent of the project's cost and the state is paying the other 10 percent.

Benton county says they hope to have the building completed by the end of 20-10, but it could be as late as may 20-11.

Powered by Frankly