Grill blamed for Coralville duplex fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Grill blamed for Coralville duplex fire

Posted:

CORALVILLE (KWWL)-- Fire crews say a hot grill may be the reason a fire destroyed an duplex unit in Coralville.

Coralville Police say the grill was on a wooden deck of the unit on Southridge Drive when it caught fire around 2 a.m. Sunday.

One of the units was destroyed and a neighboring unit had smoke damage.

Fire officials say no one was injured.   It took five hours to put out the blaze.

The American Red Cross is assisting the displaced families

Powered by Frankly