Cigarette to blame for Cedar Rapids fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Cigarette to blame for Cedar Rapids fire

Posted:

CEDAR RAPIDS (KWWL)--A discarded cigarette caused a fire at a Cedar Rapids home Sunday afternoon.

Crews were called to a home at 1128 K Street Southwest just before 5 p.m. Smoke was coming out of the back of the house.

Two people were inside the home at the time of the fire. They got out safely.

Firefighters say a discarded cigarette was found in a small crack by the bathroom window sill.

Damage was limited to the siding by the window.

Powered by Frankly