Cedar Rapids house fire - KWWL - Eastern Iowa Breaking News, Weather, Closings

Cedar Rapids house fire

Posted:
CEDAR RAPIDS (KWWL) -- A space heater could be to blame for starting a fire at a house in Cedar Rapids Sunday.

Crews were called to the 1600 block of 29th Street NE just after 5:00 p.m.  Residents say they found a blanket and table on fire in the front porch.  They say a space heater was being used in that area.

Firefighters were able to stop it from spreading to the rest of the house.  The porch is a total loss.

One of the residents received burn injuries when trying to put the fire out.  Fire crews say he refused medical treatment.

Online Producer: Mike Verlo
Powered by Frankly